Sunday, October 4, 2009

R.I.P. my little garden

My adorable, thriving little garden was devoured on September 24, 2009. I knew going in to this venture that it was a likely outcome but I was still sad and even cried. I cried for those blisters I got digging out the rocks. I cried for the back aches I got bending over to dig and plant. I cried for all those mornings I got up to water the garden. I cried because for once my black thumb wasn't killing plants.

This is what my garden looked liked before it was eaten. Look how beautiful and green the carrots and broccoli are.




This is what my garden looked like on the morning after it was eaten.

(You can see the holes where the javelinas actually dug out the individual plants.

(This is my trampled fence and how they entered my garden.)

(This is what is left - a broan fenced area of dirt with a compost pile in the middle)





No comments: