Sunday, October 11, 2009

Fishing at Granite Basin Lake

We spent Saturday afternoon fishing at Granite Basin Lake. It was a beautiful, perfectly warm day. For some of the afternoon, I took the boys on a hike around the lake so Chad could do some real fishing in peace. It's hard to actually fish with the boys around making a bunch of noise. I had Cole in the backpack and Grant walked with me. It was a pretty difficult hike at times. We had to climb up some big boulders and them climb back down. We also had to slide down some very slipper dirt hills. Grant did so well. He didn't complain or ask to be carried. He did most of the climbing and sliding without help from me. He didn't even ask. I was very surprised and pleased. Thank goodness the lake wasn't too big though. Grant loves to fish. He has had a pink Barbie fishing pole but Chad just bought him a new blue fishing pole. However, that one wasn't strung right so it wasn't working. We did have some casualties in the outing. We lost many worms to greedy fish, two bobbers and about four hooks. Most were my fault. I caught the line in an overhanging tree twice and in some reeds a couple of times. I tried to get Grant to hold one of the worms but he wouldn't do it. Cole thought the worms were great though. I held it in my hand for him to look at. He reached out, grabbed it and chucked it as hard as he could. He thought it was hilarious to throw it. Once, Cole threw it at Grant and Grant did not like that one bit. Also, to entertain himself while we were all fishing, Cole decided to try eating dirt. His face was filthy and so were his hands.

(Cole enjoying a snack)

(Grant helping Chad fish)

(Grant trying out his new fishing pole)

(Cole checking things out)
The other night Grant took the cushions off the couch and started jumping. Normally, parents would not be ok with this but I have had to be because it is so hard to get Grant to try anything daring. When he wants to be daring and boy I have to let him. He was jumping out pretty far and taking some big risk in his world. I even got him to try seat drops onto the cushions. We are making progress. Thank you gymnastics.



No comments: