Sunday, December 13, 2009

Random adventures of the boys

This is Grant with his letter H. We are still slowly but surely making our way through the alphabet with painting and posters. He has posters through M but I just haven't taken pictures with them yet. I have started hanging them in his room and he loves to look at them. He is now working on the alphabet at preschool so he is really learning his letters and sounds. I am asked constantly what various words start with. The other day at dinner, he even asked what pbskids.org starts with. Chad and I both just started laughing. He is also becoming aware of words that sounds the same or rhyme.

This is Grant's usual position in the morning. He gets to watch cartoons in the mornings while I sleep a little longer. Sometimes he just wakes up way too early for my liking. Cole frequently joins him.

This is one of those random make you proud of your children moments. Without any help from me, Grant sat down with Cole and this book to help him look at it and learn the animals and the sounds they make. You can see Cole pointing at pictures along with Grant. Grant really loves to help with Cole a lot of the time (when he's not pushing him to the ground and beating him or pulling his hair (you think I jest and only if I were)).


Cole got hungry one morning and tired of waiting for me to fix breakfast so he headed for the cereal cupboard and helped himself.

Grant has now entered the phase of dressing up in costumes. Thankfully it happened right around Halloween so I was able to scope out the two Goodwills in town a few times each and buy what fun things I could find. I was able to find him this cape and mask, a clown wig and some other things. I also found a fun knight costume at the dollar store. I'm now always on the hunt.

Over Halloween weekend, David, Melissa and my mom came for a visit. Cole loves David for some inexplicable reason and loves to sit and snuggle with him.

This container is supposed to hold the megablocks but it was more fun to stuff Grant in it. Cole loved putting the lid on and off and trapping Grant in. Grant loved being stuffed in their. That is Oma helping them with the game.

It wasn't just enough for Cole to put the lid on. He had to climb on top and make sure Grant couldn't escape.

Just about every afternoon, Ava Henrie from next door comes to play. It keeps Grant entertained and I'm able to get things done most of the time. There are days where they do more fighting than playing and those days I get nothing done except refereeing. On this day I as making lasagna for dinner while they were playing and they jumped all over snacking on the left over noodles.

Grant has gymnastics at the YMCA every Monday morning at 9:15. Now that Cole is mobile, it's very difficult to keep him from playing on the equipment. Cole found a giant foam rectangle and spent about 15 minutes climbing up and over it. He is very into climbing things and climbing off of things.

My sister Kristen came to visit over Veteran's Day to meet David's finace, Melissa. Grant, Cole and I picked her up from the airport. We tried to meet her at her gate but ended up being at the wrong one. We had to run over to another set of gates to catch her. It was still fun and she got to see the boys and play with them while we waited for her luggage.

Grant and Cole had a fun time playing in the chairs while they were waiting for Aunt Kitty.

This is Cole after a long day of shopping at Chandler Mall. After we picked up Kristen we went shopping with David and Melissa. They needed clothes for engagement photos so we went there for lunch and the playland for the boys. David came and hung out with us when he needed shopping breaks.

Chandler Mall has a small train that drives around the bottom floor of the mall. When Grant saw it he wanted nothing more than to take a ride. Of course, Aunt Kitty wanted nothing more than to take him on that ride so the two of them hopped in the train while Cole and I waited. Grant loved it. Thanks Aunt Kitty.
Chad's birthday was November 13. I had a present all planned for him but then about two weeks before his birthday he started whining and begging, 3 year old style, for a PS3. I knew I had to cave so my sisters helped me get the PS3. My sister, Shelli, decided that wasn't enough though and talked me into buying him the Beattles RockBand for the PS3. I put the PS3 on the seat of his car so he saw it when he headed to work on his birthday. Beattles RockBand was bought during the day on his birthday and he got that after we got back from our birthday date. We all loved playing it including the boys. Grant has his own guitar (a Wii GuitarHero guitar) that he plays with. He also loves to take a turn on the drums. Cole loves to help.



Grant and Cole love to race around our dining room table with the walkers and shopping cart we have. It's loud and it's crazy but it sure makes them happy and keeps them entertained.

No comments: