Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gingerbread houses

I organized a gingerbread house decorating party for Grant and some of his friends with their moms. They were actually graham cracker houses but no one cares. Grant had Aiden and Olivia Solorzano and Ava Henrie over. Jake Wright was invited but he couldn't make it. It was so much fun and pure sugar doused chaos. Each child had his/her own house to decorate. I put them together ahead of time. I bought several bags of candy and Melissa brought candy as well. I mixed up green frosting for ice cream cone trees and white frosting for all around glue. As much candy was eaten as used on the houses. Cole got woken up from his nap just before things started so he was in his booster seat watching the activity. He grabbed Grant's knife at the beginning and started eating giant scoops from Grant's frosting bowl. Because I didn't want to fight Cole and be distracted from Grant I let it be and got Grant a new knife. Cole also grabbed several stolen handfuls of M&Ms and marshmallows. When I finally put him on the floor he still managed to find a Hershey piece that had fallen and was eating it, foil wrapper and all. Grant had a great time making his house and couldn't put enough candy on it. He was putting on everything he could get his hands on. I will definitely do this again next year for Grant and his friends. Cole will still be too young I think but we'll see.

(Melissa and Ava Henrie making Ava's house)
(Laura, Olivia and Aiden Solorzano making Olivia and Aiden's houses)

(Ariel view of Grant's finished product -- Can you find a spot for anymore candy? I don't think so)

(Front view of Grant's house)

(Grant with his house)

(Grant working on his house with Cole eating frosting in the background)

(Frosting faced Cole)

(Ava Henrie with her finished house)

(Anders Henrie, Grant and Cole working hard)

(Aiden with his completed house)


(Olivia Solorzano and her yummy house)

No comments: