Thursday, October 16, 2008

Life as a mother of two

It has begun. I have not had help all week and I am officially on my own as a mother of two. Wow, is it pure chaos!!! I'm hanging in there but there is little time for much besides feeding Cole and getting Grant out and about for an activity. It takes me about 2 hours to get everyone ready and out the door for an outing. I know it gets better but it sure is exhausting now.

Last weekend we had a good family time. Chad, his mom and Grant headed up to Mt. Lemmon to attend Oktoberfest. However, when they got up there the weather as so bad it had been cancelled. They got lunch instead and headed back down the mountain. Poor little Grant go so carsick on that windey road that he puked up his lunch and his treats. He came home so tired and sluggish. When Chad and Grant got home we headed out to the stake BBQ they hold every year. There were two jumping castles and an obstacle course. Grant loved the obstacle course. He and Chad also through the frisbee and a football and had a little wrestling match on the grass. i think Grant had a great time with his daddy all day Saturday.

Monday was a holiday so Chad had the day off. Grant had his Little Critters zoo class too. Grant, Cole and I headed to the class and Chad met us afterwards. Bad choice for Chad though. The theme of the class was "Hooray for Bears." Grant made a cute little polar bear mask and paws and then we got to go behind the scenes and see the polar bears up close, meaning about 1 foot away with only a chain link fence between us. It was so unbelievable. I say bad choice for Chad because his all time favorite animal is the polar bear. He was very bummed he missed the experience.




Cole is growing and gaining weight slowly but surely. He is a big sleeper and it makes me a little nervous. He only wakes up about one time each night and I have to wake him up every few hours to feed him during the day. I'm not sure what to do with so much sleeping.






No comments: