Sunday, December 16, 2012

Other October events


Cole and Tyler love open gym at Summitt Gymnastics on Monday mornings. There is a foam pit to jump and play in, a floor with giant, stuffed shaped to climb on and other things to play on.




On October 5, 2012, Grant had his jog-a-thon at Mountain School. Unfortunately, he was still recovering from a pretty bad illness and only ran two laps.

Tyler's constant desire to climb and move finds him precarious positions. I know I'm mean but I couldn't pass up this photo before helping him get up. I didn't see it happen so I have no idea how he got himself stuck like this. I just heard the wails for rescue.


Tyler got himself in both of these spots without any help from anyone. My hand on Tyler on the ladder was merely to catch him in case he fell. He went up and down that ladder and the playground at McDonald's all on his own.
If you can't find Tyler there's a good chance he's standing on a stool in the kitchen looking for trouble to cause or food to eat. He's helped himself to cookies he shouldn't have had, grabs an apple when he wants it and knows right where to stand when I'm making cookies or other treats. While waiting for things to fill his belly, he occupies himself by emptying drawers. He's also right there at the dishwasher when the boys are emptying the dishwasher to take all the clean silverware back and forth between the dishwasher and the drawer.


This one is just cute and I love that Tyler's mouth is full of chicken nugget. I have realized that I have far fewer pictures of Grant these days because he is always at school. I know he needs to be there but I often miss him and love when he's home. He's such a good boy. He's so helpful and loves to play with his brothers.


I had to add this picture of Barry with something stuck to his body to the countless others I have of him. My favorites are the ones with cereal boxes wedged to his face but he couldn't get out of this one either.


On October 19, 2012, Tyler finally took his first steps. Thanks to Grant's camera work we got them on film:

What would this post be without a shout out to the greatest event in the month of October 2012? THE GIANTS WON THE WORLD SERIES BABY!!!!! Nothing makes Chad happier than a winning sports team (and sadly it happens so infrequently). The best part this year was it got Grant into watching sports. Now Grant watches all the games, no matter the sport with Chad. He's learning football teams, players and rules, both pro and college. I'm sure it will be the same with basketball.

No comments: