Monday, September 15, 2008

Our crazy weekend

This weekend Shelli came into town overnight. In true Mellen tradition, we had to take her on a weird Tucson excursion so we took her to this event called Glow at the Triangle L Ranch in Oracle, about 1 hour away from Tucson. Here is a link about the event. http://www.trianglelranch.com/glow.htm

It was funny. Quite the sub-culture we encountered. I am not even sure how to describe what we saw. They had a Scuplture Path that had these weird art things set up. They had a stage with various bands playing, which was fun. It was just a strange, once in a life time experience. The only thing that made it uncomfortable was that I was having contractions and my back hurt. I mentioned to Shelli that whenever we attend these weird events around town, we never seem to run into anyone we know. Shelli said that means we are associating with the right people.

On Sunday, we went to the first fall Music Under the Starts Tucson Pops concert. Several times each year the pops orchestra gives free concerts at Reid Park at the bandshell. We bring cheese and crackers and other snacks and go sit on the grass and listen to the concert. It is about 2 hours. Grant had a great time, playing on the grass, attacking daddy, eating yummy snacks and dancing to the music. We love going to these events. It helps us remember our Chicago days.

3 comments:

Adrian said...

Too bad that wasn’t on your 101 things because it should totally count. I have to say your description yesterday at church was even funnier! Glad you had a good time!

I’m glad the people around you were nice, otherwise that would have made it even worse!! I thoroughly enjoyed your detailed story! Get better soon!

If you are still bored waiting for that baby, want to play Scattegories? I tagged you so check out my blog for details!

Adrian said...

Disregard that middle paragraph! That’s what I get for cutting and pasting while being “dishonest” with my time at work! ;)

Unknown said...

I was surprised to see your post and that you still haven't had that baby yet! Sounds like you had a great weekend. I hope you have a great post about a beautiful birth soon!!!

Marenda