Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving





Our Thanksgiving was quiet this year. We stayed here in Tucson and had my sister and brother who live in Phoenix. My sister came down Wednesday and left Friday morning. My brother will leave this Friday evening. My turkey turned out perfectly this year. I have found a great recipe that I will probably use into the future. It has a cornbread stuffing, maple syrup glaze and bacon strips on top of the turkey. I also brine it over night. It is so juicy and good. We also had the traditional rolls, green salad, green bean casserole (my sister Shelli is the only one who eats these), sweet potatoes (Chad is the only one who eats these) and many, many pies. Grant had a wonderful time helping all of us bake and cook. It's his new favorite thing to do...that and read books. I have a few cute pictures I will post of him helping Shelli make rolls.




We tried to go out this afternoon and buy some of those hot sale items. We went to Ace Hardward to buy a traditional red Radio Flyer wagon but they were sold out. We then went to Kmart to try and buy an iPod accessory package but we did not read the flyer closely enough and discovered that it does not go on sale until tomorrow and then only from 7 AM until noon. We headed to Office Depot last and they did have the 2GB flash drive I needed. 1 out of 3 isn't bad I guess.




I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving holiday. I would love to hear what you're all up to.

1 comment:

Alison said...

Hi Lindsay! Thanks for the invite to your blog! This blog thing is such a great way to keep in touch with friends and family- I have one that I started earlier this year...I think you should just be able to click on my name to view it...let me know if you can't! Fun to see what you are up to! I'll check in on you again soon!