Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Happy birthday Chad!!!!

Today is Chad's birthday. We celebrated yesterday because he had to go to PHoenix tonight for a dinner meeting on applying for residencies. His lovely, thoughtful wife got him an iPod and this crazy looking 3 foot high vulture with a bobbing head. I'll take a picture of it and put it on this blog. They are made locally by a guy who runs a small shop. Chad saw them when we first moved here and has wanted one ever since. It's a good Tucson souvenior in the event we move from here. He also go to go to indian food for their lunch buffet. I hate indian food so it's truly a treat for him. Instead of cake he requested pizzookie from Oregano's, which was fine with me. I love pizzookies.

Grant is developing quite the personality. He loves to attack us when we lay on the floor. The other night I was sitting on the floor and he came over and tried to push me down so that he could attack me. It was quite funny. Of course when we sit on the floor we not only get a toddler on us but we get two large dogs who also want in on the action. Grant also likes to attack the dogs, particulary Barry, when they are wrestling. It is quite amusing, although I get nervous he's going to get something he doesn't really want with that battle.

Grant also will not eat anything anymore without a fork or spoon of his own in his hand. He seldom actually uses the utensil but he has it there for moral support I guess. He is really turning out to be a lefty, which I find fun. He holds his utensils and crayons with his left hand, opens doors with his left hand and throws primarily with his left hand. I am curious to see if he will grow out of this. I have suspected since he was quite young that he would be left handed becuase of his actions but the doctor told me it was too young too tell. I think his mama knows best.

I have joined the health and fitness enrichment group. I am supposed to exercise and diet to meet my physical health and fitness goal. I need to lose 7 pounds to get back to what I weighed before Grant. I have absolutely no motivation at this moment to do this but I still went to the meeting and said that I would. The big question now is whether I will follow through.

1 comment:

krissy said...

Happy Birthday Chad! I hope you had fun.
Yay Granty-poo, he's getting so big. I can't wait to see you guys.