Friday, August 26, 2011

Cute pics of the boys in August 2011

These are my superheros. They really are superhero boys. They have so much fun together. They take such good care of their mom and their little brother. They say the funniest things to us and each other. I love to listen them talk to and play with each other.

Here are my big boys resting on the floor. Guess which one is actually asleep? Thing 2 and Thing 3 love to snuggle, wrestle and mess with Thing 1 whenever they can.
Oh, my cute little boys.

I have taken Cole with me to several brunches and lunches at Wildflower Cafe with my friends and their kids. He and Reid Henrie make a bee-line for the bakery case and, specifically, the cupcakes every time we enter the restaurant. It's pointless to even try and buy him anything to eat but the cupcake. He loves to lick the frosting and the sprinkles but never eats the cake. It's a huge waste of $3, except that I love to see this messy face so happy from such a delicious treat. For this particular cupcake, Cole insisted upon carrying the plate with the cupcake on it from the counter, out the door to the patio table where we wanted to eat. That poor cupcake hit the ground three times before it made it to our table. Most of the sprinkles were gone and every time it hit the ground, Cole looked so upset and frustrated but he wouldn't give up. I kept trying to carry it for him but he would not give up. I hope that level of persistence continues in him into the future.
I took this picture for Kitty, who requested a picture of the boys one morning. I took it in the parking lot before walking Grant into school. Poor Cole is crying in this picture because he hit his head on the car door. This is a frequent occurrence for this poor little boy. He is on the clumsy side (like his mom, sadly) and a bit spacey (also like his mom sadly). He used to just have near misses with the door but in the last few months has grown so that he doesn't just slide under the door. His poor head hits the corner. He is also known for multiple self-inflicted falls, trips and slips throughout each day.
Cole loves to do whatever Grant does. He has seen Grant request many pictures with Tyler and took this opportunity to do the same.
I think this post turned into a mini-tribute to Cole. He is such a cute little boy. He is growing up so fast. He is so sweet and tender hearted. He tries so hard to be "big" but is still so "little" in so many ways. He is my cuddly, sweet talking middle child, who I hope never changes.

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Holy smokes... your boys are so so big!! Can I please meet Baby Tyler before he gets much bigger?? Don't you need to come check on your house or something? ;)

Seriously though, when did Cole become so grownup? I honestly thought Cole was a Grant in a couple pictures. I don't know your family really well, but I think Cole looks like your brother in the last picture!

Man your boys are so gosh darn cute!