Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween was fun but low key this year. A couple weeks before Halloween we bought Grant a Batman costume and pulled out the clown costume for Cole. They had fun trying them on. After we bought the Batman costume though I wouldn't let Grant wear it until Halloween. That was pure torture for a four year old. Everyday he asked, begged more like, but I knew he would ruin it if I let him so he was allowed to wear the mask and cape only. The picture below of Cole in the clown costume is the only time he wore the costume willingly. On Halloween I barely got him into it for a picture and then he just tried to rip it off. Sadly, I have no pictures of Halloween Eve (the ward Halloween party), as my battery died and my mom took the pictures. I still have to get them from her.



Grant was assigned to bring snacks to preschool the Tuesday before Halloween so we made sugar cookies for family home evening. The boys had a great time cutting the cookies out of the dough. It was then left to me to back them and frost them before Grant could sprinkle them with the Halloween sprinkles from aunt Kitty.

(Cole "helping" cut out cookies)
(Grant cutting out his cookies)

(A pan of cookies ready to cook)
Halloween was on Sunday this year but we decided to take the kids trick-or-treating anyway, out in Prescott Valley, because Chad had to help his friend Matt move. Because Cole was so opposed to the clown, I decided to try the chicken again. That's what he was last year but it was huge last year. It fit him perfectly this year. He hated it at first but finally gave in and tolerated it. He looked adorable. Then of course, there is our tough and fast Batman, who loved his costume. We did a lot of trick-or-treating. They each filled their pumpkins to the brim. They were so full they couldn't carry them anymore.


1 comment:

krissy said...

I love Grant's posing! He can't help it when he's got that costume on!