Saturday, February 7, 2009

Little of this...Little of that

This weekend David and Shelli are visiting. We always love to have them stay with us. It gives mom a break and Grant loves to have new playmates. David came Friday about 12:30 and we headed to Costco. I learned early on that shopping is always more successful when the men have full stomachs so we started with hotdogs and churros for Grant and David then did the shopping. Shelli joined us today at the movies. We took Grant to see Bolt at the cheap theater. He was hilarious because he got bored only a short way into it and was playing around, lying on the floor, squeaking the seat and otherwise fidgeting around for most of the movie. In between popcorn munching of course. Shelli, David and I enjoyed the movie though. Grant has had a great time wrestling and playing diggers in the backyard with Shelli and David.

Tonight, we finally BBQed a rack of ribs I have had in my freezer for almost a year. It did not turn out as well as we had hoped. We cooked them nice and slow as instructed by my wise, BBQ expert father but they did not cook evenly and the ribs turned out to be fatty. It was a good first try and they did look good though.


Grant's new favorite activity is to build block houses for his Cars. The other day we built a giant block slide for Luigi, aka Guido (For some reason, he has it in his head that Guido is Luigi and Luigi is Guido and he cannot be convinced otherwise. He and Nicholas even get into arguments over it. Sadly, it is my boy that is in the wrong.) He now always want to have me build a slide.

Chad has been working with Cole for the last couple of months to hold his own bottle and he's getting pretty good at it. The other night, he was holding his bottle by putting one hand on the bottom and the other on the side. He's starting to get really fancy. (Chad looks a little strange because he was trying to keep his eyes open. His eyes are always closed in pictures because he blinks with the flash.)


Here is a picture Chad took of me reading to the boys. Just thought I'd throw it in this post because there are so few pictures of me taken. I'm really not annoyed the picture is being taken. I'm not sure why I look like I am. Also, don't you think it's cute how Cole is looking at Grant. He does that a lot. He loves to just watch Grant and everything Grant does.


I have now entered the backpack phase of child rearing again. When I have to get things done, like cook dinner or clean house, I put Cole in the backpack and get to work. I did the same thing with Grant and it worked like a charm. On Wednesday, I cleaned 2 bathrooms with him on my back. I had him in the backpack tonight while helping cook the rib dinner. He fell asleep for a little while. I have a picture of Grant in this very same pose at this very same age but I can't post it because of a crashed computer a year or so ago. It's a long story but just know that you would think it was really cute if you could see the duplicate pictures.


No comments: