Friday, February 6, 2009

Cute moment to remember

Yesterday, I hosted my first plagroup at my house. I guess I am now a full fledged stay at home mom. Four of my friends and their kids came over to play. They all arrived at approximately 11 AM. The first friend left at about 1, the next left at about 3:30, then one left at 4 and the final friend left at 6:30 after dinner because her husband and mine were both working late. It was a marathon playgroup to say the least. Grant missed his nap and went to bed at 7:30 PM. He slept until 7:30 this morning.

Now the cute moment. During the playgroup the kids were all outside playing and suddenly Grant started crying. I went to the door to see what was the matter and he was rubbing his head. I never did figure out what happened but I asked if he wanted to come in and sit with me for a minute until he felt better. Through his tears he said he did not want to come inside and then said, "Will you kiss it?" Of course, I said, "Of course." I kissed it and then he was fine and went back to his playing. He was so cute and so vulnerable when he asked for the kiss. It was the cutest thing he's done in a long time.

No comments: