Thursday, November 6, 2008

Singing Grant's praises

My little Grant is turning out to be a big help with Cole. While I take a shower Cole lays on a blanket in my closet and usually cries. If Grant hears him crying he comes upstairs, gets Cole's binkie and sits by Cole to keep it in his mouth while I'm showering and getting dressed. Grant also loves to help with Cole's baths. He gets Cole's bath and puts it in the tub. He turns on the water and fills up the little tub. He also helps pour the soap onto the washcloth and combs Cole's hair after the bath. Grant's favorite thing to do is help me pump. He loves to open the bag and attach the tubing to both ends. He would even hellp me hold them on me if I let him. The one thing he really wants to do but I won't let him is turn the machine on. There is too much risk of pain in allowing that one. Grant loves to put up Cole's giant mobile, put the toys on and have floor and tummy time with Cole under the mobile. Grant loves to look at Cole and give him loves. The greatest thing is that if Cole is in a good mood when Grant is around he just looks at Grant with big eyes and often smiles. You can tell Cole likes Grant as much as Grant likes Cole. I'm excited for when Cole is older and they can play and fight together.

On Monday, I took Grant to one of the community parks to play. He loves to slide and swing and is learning to climb (making mom a bit nervous). We were at the park for about two hours and there was still a meltdown and huge protests when I said it was time to go. I got some great pictures though. They are below.
















No comments: