Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Day #3

Halloween Day was a fun day for Grant. I bought a pumpkin a week or so ago that we tried to carve. When I told Grant I was getting a knife he ran to get one of his own knives. I started cutting the top of the pumpkin and Grant tried to cut the pumpkin with his knife. When his plastic knife would not cut the pumpkin he started getting very upset. He was very frustrated that the knife would not cut the pumpkin. After about 10 minutes of trying to get him help me use my knife, we finally decided to paint the pumpkin instead. I pulled out Grant's finger paints and he went to town. We both had a great time painting the pumpkin. Cole sat in his car seat on the table and watched the fun. After finger painting Grant took a bath with his new Cars bubble bath we bought earlier that day. We then waited for Chad to get home so we could have dinner and get ready for trick or treating. Grant asked all day when he got to go to Halloween. He kept talking about the animals at the zoo because he associated trick or treating with the zoo trick or treating we did last weekend. He also kept asking if we were going to Jack's because he also associates Halloween with the party we went to at his friend Jack's house. I had to keep telling him we were trick or treating at houses in our neighborhood.

When Chad came home we got the boys and the dogs dressed up and ready for trick or treating. I even came up with the idea to use red finger paint on his cheeks and nose. I had been avoiding painting his face because I could only think of using make up and I didn't want it everywhere. Fingerpaint comes out of clothes. He looked so adorable. He had a great time trick or treating. It took him a few houses to warm up to the concept of saying trick or treat but once he got used to it he was the cutest trick or treating clown around. His little voice was so sweet when he said it at each house. I wish I could have tape recorded it. After every house we went to he would say, "No go home." We didn't trick or treat for a very long time because Cole started fussing but he came home with a very full pumpkin. When we came home Chad and Grant dumped the pumpkin on the ottoman to start eating. I'm not sure who was more excited about that part, Chad or Grant. Barry and Sooner also had a fun time being out with the crowd. Barry was his usual ScoobyDoo in one of Chad's tie dyed shirts. Sooner wore the Christmas reindeer antlers but they were turned upside down so it looked like she had two red antlers coming out of her chin. Chad wrangled the dogs and I took Grant up to the doors in his stroller. We all had a great time.

(Grant painting his pumpkin)

(The finished pumpkin product)

(The boys before we headed out for trick or treating)


(The crew after trick or treating)


(Dad and Grant examining the haul)



(Cute pictures of Cole)


(Our sassy Grant)








1 comment:

Jason and Becky said...

Your boys are so cute! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween. Hope you all are doing well. Going from 1 child to 2 was a nightmare for me - I hope you have done better. PS It does get easier!!!