Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Grant's field trip to Sunset Crater and Wupatki

I had the opportunity to go on a field trip with Grant's kindergarten on May 15, 2012 to Sunset Crater and Wuptaki National Monument. Cole spent the whole day at preschool and I found a babysitter for Tyler so I could do this. I was so glad I did. At Sunset Crater we did part of the lava rock trail they have there and hiked to a cave that blows out shockingly cold air. The kids heard a little talk from the ranger about the crater and how it was created. It was a hot day and the drinking fountain was swarming with bees, which gave the kids a great deal of excitement.
From Sunset Crater we all headed over to Wuptaki to eat lunch and then walk the trail around the ruins. The kids enjoyed playing in the ancient sports arena and sticking their heads over the cold air blow hole.


No comments: