Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving - the day after

Today was a day of doing nothing for me and the boys. Sadly, Chad had to work so we spent the day at home. Papa is still with us but he spent the morning with Del. We played Sorry, watched Netflix, played Wii and hung around the house all day. I continued to work on scrapbooking. Grant actually napped. Sadly, Cole and Tyler didn't give me that luxury. The boys and I didn't get dressed until it was time for us to leave for the Sundogs hockey game at 6:15 PM. It was a glorious day.
The Sundogs game was a great family outing. The Sundogs won, 6-4, although I missed half of the Sundogs goals being scored due to the food and potty needs of children.
We bought pucks for Chuck-A-Puck and actually won. We won a t-shirt and some Taco Bell coupons. Papa gave me $5 and I had $5 so that I could buy cotton candy and the pucks. After we won but before we saw the prize we were arguing about whose money was used to pay for the prize, and thus whose prize it was. I conceded it was Papa's once we saw it was a t-shirt. Grant wore the t-shirt for the rest of the game and slept in it too.


The boys were hungry at the game so I went out with Cole to get food. He kept saying he wanted chips, which I thought meant a bag of chips. I was wrong. I realized when I got out there he meant he wanted nachos. He ate almost the entire thing of nachos. Grant enjoyed his hot dog and we shared a giant root beer. No sporting event is ever complete without cotton candy so the boys shared a bag of blue.


Tyler was a champ during the game. During the first period he hung out happily in the Bjorn.
During the second period he slept soundly in Chad then my arms, even when the crowds were cheering loudly.
During the third period he watched the game from my lap.
Within minutes of getting into the car Cole passed out and Tyler started crying for food. We managed to make it home and get the kids into bed.

No comments: