Saturday, January 17, 2009

January continued...

On Saturday, January 10, we were able to do a little service. Our ward is in charge of cleaning the church for the next 3 months. We volunteered to help last weekend. We had to be there at 8 AM which was difficult but we did it. I volunteered to vacuum the chapel since I had Cole in the Bjorn and that was the easiest thing for me to do. Grant helped another boy gather up and stack all of the hymn books in the chapel. We have a spanish ward in the building too so we have spanish and english hymn books that have to be switched in and out. Chad got put on bathroom cleaning duty. After we were done with our jobs we headed to Le Cave's bakery for some delicious donuts. Grant loved his and got so close to the donuts he bonked his head on the donut case.

Later that same day, we took Grant fishing for the first time at one of the urban lakes around here. We stopped at Sports Authority to buy a pole for Grant. The only small pole they had for him was a pink Barbie fishing pole. Chad did not want to buy it but I didn't want to go to another store so I talked him into it. Chad had plans to spray paint it but I don't think it will ever happen. I think it's funny. Grant had a good time trying out the fishing. Of course, we didn't catch anything but it was fun trying.

(Chad and Grant fishing)


(Grant eating his donut)

(Grant showing me his donut)


(Cole fishing)



On Saturday,

No comments: