Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Thanksgiving weekend

Thanksgiving was quiet this year for our family. We had my brothers, David and Brad, in town for the weekend. My sister Shelli joined us on Friday and stayed until Saturday night. Shelli had to work Thanksgiving day. My brothers and I cooked a traditional Thanksgiving dinner. I am really getting good at making turkey, if I do say so myself. We also had the traditional corn, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, jello, apple pie, pumpkin pie and pudding pie. The food was delicious. We took it easy on Thanksgiving day. Unfortunately, I forgot to take any pictures of the festivities on Thanksgiving day.

Friday Chad and my brothers went to the driving range and then we went out on Friday evening for some Black Friday shopping. It was not near as bad as I anticipated and always an adventure. Grant loves to ride with his aunts and uncles when they are here so he rode in "Shelli's truck" during all of our outings. It gave Chad and I some quiet time in the car with Cole. While we were out we went to Best Buy to purchase some additional Wii controllers so that Shelli and Chad could play Super Mario Brothers and Super Mario Brothers 3. We were able to download them onto our Wii. Many late hours were spent on Friday and Saturday playing those games (I went to bed).

Saturday we took a day trip to Bisbee to explore the town. The Old Bisbee resembles Prescott except that it's built in a canyon. I have been there before but just for court and never had the opportunity to explore the town. We walked up and down the main street and looked in the antique stores. It's also a pretty drive once you get past Sierra Vista. On the way home we drove through St. David and Tombstone. We had a good time but nothing too exciting happened during the weekend.


Shelli, Grant and Chad in Bisbee

Lindsay and Cole in Bisbee


Chad and Grant in Bisbee checking out an old train


David climbing some of the 1,000 stairs in Bisbee

Brad climbing some of the 1,000 stairs in Bisbee






No comments: