Friday, December 7, 2007

Puerto Rico - Day 1

We began our weeks vacation in Puerto Rico today - travel was all day yesterday. We left Tucson late Wednesday night and stayed at my aunt's house. Thursday morning we picked up my sister, who dropped us off at the airport and is keeping grant for the week. We left Phoenix at noon (45 minutes late) and arrived in San Juan at aboug 10:45 (right on time). Puerto Rico is 3 hours ahead of AZ right now. Today we took it easy, enjoying the free breakfast buffet. Oddly, Chad woke up before me this morning. This has only happened maybe 3 times in the history of Chad and Lindsay as a couple. After breakfast we took a walk to and down the beach, then came back and swam in the ice cold pool and lounged by the pool for a couple hours. I managed to get a sunburn in a big patch on the top of my left thigh only. Weird sun angle I guess. After swimming we cleaned up and walked to a restaurant recommended by the bartender (a local) I hit up for information while at the pool. The food was good, traditional Puerto Rican, but more expensive than we would have preferred. Chad had this gigantic pork chop thing. I took a picture of him with it and will post it when we get home. I had a yummy Cuban food sampler plate. We then took a walk on the beach in the other direction then came back to our hotel and have been doing nothing all evening. The hotel offers free cocktails from 5:30-7:30 so we took advantage of that (virgin, of course). Chad napped and I watched Grey's Anatomy. I love having a lap top then we enjoyed the hot tub until the pool closed. We rent a car tomorrow and are off to unknown areas of Puerto Rico. More adventures to come...

No comments: