Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Santa came to our house twice

I failed to mention in the previous post that on our drive to Salt Lake, right about Kingman it suddenly dawned on me that I had left the Santa gifts hidden away in our laundry room. There was nothing to be done about it by then. On Christmas Eve, after getting the kids tucked in for the night I made an mad dash to Target to see what gifts I could replace. I was shocked at the sight I saw in Target. There was a ton of people there at 8 PM on Christmas Eve and the toy aisles were almost bare. I tried to replace the forgotten gifts but they were out of everything so I had to essentially start from square one. I also had to buy the stocking candy. I managed to find good gifts for the kids and they loved what they got. However, it left me with a bag full of presents I didn't know what to do with. I could have returned all but one to Target and gotten my money back. I had purchased a large helicopter from Walmart from Cole and no longer had the receipt. Due to Walmart's no more than three no receipts returns allowed in 12 months rule and my chronic failure to keep track of receipts the helicopter was not returnable. I decided that since the original gifts were so fun and things they would like, Santa should come twice. I set everything out on the table and wrote a note saying that I (Santa) had found these gifts under the seat of my sleigh and wanted to make sure they got them. The next morning things were so hectic that I forgot all about them until Grant found them on the table. He was so excited and thought it was so cool that Santa would come back. He told all of his friends about it at school. Chad stayed home with Cole and Tyler while I took Grant to school. When I got home Cole was awake and intently playing with his new helicopter. He also informed me that Santa had come again. Two Christmases are always better than one I suppose.

No comments: