Thursday, April 30, 2009

Cute, Fun and Funny

This week was a pretty laid back week. Two of the three friends I usually hang out with were out of town so I was left mostly to my own devices. Given I haven't really done much cleaning in a few weeks, I thought this week would be a good time. I started with the upstairs but there was so much laundry to fold, wash, dry and still fold that once I got through that I ran out of time and it still didn't look like I'd done anything. Grant was a great help cleaning though. He loves to put clothes on the hangers and put his underwear in their basket. He also loves to clean bathrooms. I got the bathroom cleaning basket out and went downstairs to get the broom and dustpan. When I came back upstairs Grant had the glass cleaner and was spraying the windows in my bedroom. He got some toilet paper and was using that to wipe off the spray. Don't worry, the cleaner is just vinegar and water. It was so cute. He really got into it. He also helped me clean the toilet and scrub the bathtub.

Tuesday we went to gymnastics. Grant loves that. We went to the mall in the evening to hang out with my one friend who was in town. She has two sets of twins, 2 and 6 months. Her husband was working nights this week so she needed to get out and pass some time before bed. We had a great time. Grant loves her older twins.

Yesterday was 31 cent scoop night at Baskin Robbins. Need I say more.

Today, Grant asked to go to the park so we walked over there for an hour this morning before it got too warm. Grant needs a lot of practice being somewhat daring. He is a very, very cautious child. It takes a lot of coaxing to get him to try things.

Grant discovered Band-aids this week. He broke the toilet paper holder in the downstairs bathroom again and dropped one of the ends on his toe. It started to bleed so Iasked if he wanted a band-aid. However, when I got it out he did not want me to put it on the hurt toe. He wanted me to put it on his other ankle. We were on our way out the door so he needed shoes. Normally, he does not wear his flip flops but due to the toe injury they became necessary. I had to reassure him multiplie times that they wouldn't hurt him. Yesterday, he did something else to himself and asked for a Band-aid. I acquiesced but again he did not want it on the injury. He put it on his chin instead. Later, he started complaining that his toe was hurting again and began whining for his flip flops so that it would feel better. It cracks me up the associations kids make about things. Who knew flip flops had such healing power?

1 comment:

krissy said...

a post with no pictures is awfully self-indulgent lindsay. i'm a little disappointed.